Wednesday 7 July 2010

Rabbits OR types

Today's search came up with two sites I had already visited first, so I employed the Fibonacci rule and went for number 3 (which logically I would have done anyway). Oh but this site is a bit of a challenge http://vimeo.com/groups/7080/videos/9836667 It's an independent documentary film channel and this is a video of a rabbit breeding/farming facility providing rabbits for restaurants.

Oh dear. If you like animals at all this will be really upsetting. Hundreds of rabbits kept in tiny cages. No hay, just wire under their feet. Only room to turn round. Tragic and appalling. But the documentarist seems to think it's fine. I haven't really got much to say but people SHOULD watch this - we should all know where our food comes from.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, people should see where their food comes from, and yes I eat meat.
    But as someone who keeps bunnies this is quite upsetting and is one of the reasons I cannot bring myself to eat rabbit. That operation is like battery hen farming. It might be clean but it's just horrible.
    I do my best to eat "free range" meat where possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the disturbing thing about this video is that the bunnies aren't the sort we eat over here. They just look like pet rabbits.

    ReplyDelete