Monday 5 July 2010

Boolean Bunny challenge

As part of Boolefest at the University of Lincoln I have set myself the challenge of wandering the 'net using three parameters. The first is that I use Boolean search terms AND, OR, and NOT and combinations of these in rotation. The second is that I use only rabbit-related words. Thus, I will initiate my wanderings with Rabbit AND Bunny. I'll visit the first site that Google offers me, and, having enjoyed its offerings and blogged about it a bit, I will choose from that site the first two rabbit-related terms therein and use these for my next search.

If during my searches, the first site that Google offers is one I have already visited, I will bring in the third parameter, which is the Fibonacci sequence: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55 etc (I will obviously need to ignore the first few numbers of the sequence).

Why am I doing this? Because I want to! Also because it involves three of my favourite things: rabbits, numbers, and serendipity. And also because it's that apprent randomness overlying a very strong structure that makes bunnies so fascinating. That's Bunny Logic for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment