Tuesday 10 August 2010

Paperback NOT Nigella

This search took me to Waterstones, but as soon as I got there a pop-up popped up telling me they'd love my feedback if I've got a minute to fill in a short survey. Yes, well I have got some feedback: Dear Waterstones, don't get in the way of my browsing by asking me for my feedback!!

This is an increasingly frequent occurence with websites. It's a bit like entering a shop in RL and as soon as you get through the door, someone leaping in front of you and asking you how good the shop is and what needs improving! Don't they realise how annoying it is? Ah, but there's the rub: with so much competition and so many places competing for the attention of the human eye and wallet, the businesses are understandably frantic to make sure they are doing everything possible to keep us on board.

Anyway, the upshot for me (as always) is that I can't be bothered with their site. I want browsing to be easy and fun, not laced with an ambush when I stick my head round the corner, to mix metaphors. Next search Fantastic OR Savings LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment